The summer break may be coming to a close, but we’re still having tons of fun at Highport! Check out our entertainment line-up and specials to make your Labor Day celebration the best party this year!
Who’s Ready for Labor Day?!
Check out the Highport Labor Day weekend entertainment line-up!
- Friday, Sept 2nd, HOT FM 107.3 DJ – 9pm – 12 am
- Saturday, Sept 3rd, AC Slater Band – 9 pm – 12 am
- Sunday, Sept 4th, Little Big Iron – 3-7 pm
- Sunday, Sept 4th, Rocky & the Bullwinkles – 9 pm – 12 am
- Monday, Sept 5th, Charlie Duhon (Solo Steel Drummer) – 11 am – 2 pm
And, Don’t Forget About Those Labor Day Specials!
The Island Restaurant Specials
- $5 Baskets with your choice of Brisket sandwich, Pulled Pork sandwich or Burger with Fries: Friday through Monday.
- $1.25 Beers iced down in the beer tub – a different selection each day!
Service Department Special
- 10% off your Winterization service if you call between Sept. 1 and Sept. 15 to get on the schedule!
- Take advantage of our low $45/foot promotional rate on bottom jobs if you schedule it by Sept. 15th for work to be done during the winter months. (You’ll pay up to $60 per foot at other marinas!) This promotion will end by Dec. 31st, so act now!
Fuel Dock Specials
- The Fuel Dock will feature 40% off on all Summer Merchandise! Get here early while there’s still a great selection.
Leasing Department Special
- Gas discount certificate for anyone who signs a one-year lease during the first five days of September.
- Don’t forget that during the entire months of August and September, you also get your choice of 10% off or one month free when you lease a new slip! This is a GREAT time to become a part of the Highport Family!
Did you know …
Everyone knows we sell a lot of beer and liquor at the Island, but did you know that we sell approximately 135 GALLONS of non-alcoholic beverages each week during the summer?
Electric Shock Drowning
With back-to-school upon us, everyone’s trying to get that last great weekend at the lake before getting back into our school time routines.
As you enjoy hanging out at your dock, in your boat, or on the lake, it’s important to keep in mind some simple safety measures to prevent a very common but often overlooked risk – Electric Shock Drowning.
Electric Shock Drowning (ESD) occurs when a swimmer comes in contact with an electrical current, causing momentary paralysis lasting long enough for the swimmer to drown. This most often happens around docks wired for electricity, or around boats that are turned on, in the water. The electric current “leaks” from boats and docks into the water. It can come from frayed wires, improperly wired systems or an AC grounding system that is damaged or malfunctioning.
It takes only small amounts of leaking AC to incapacitate or electrocute a person. As small an amount as 15 milliamps can cause paralysis, 100 milliamps – or a third of the amount of electricity need to light a 40-watt light bulb – can kill a person in seconds. In comparison, a double AA battery produces 2400 milliamps per hour.
How can this be prevented?
- Never swim within 100 yards of any fresh water marina or boatyard.
- If you have a boat, have it tested to make sure it is not leaking electricity. You can buy a clamp meter and test it yourself.
- Have a qualified electrician do any electric work needed on a dock or on your boat.
- Do not use a household extension cords for powering your docked boat.
If you feel tingly in the water, you could be at risk:
- Have someone turn off the shore power connection at the meter base and/or unplug shore power cords.
- Tell anyone in the water to move away from the dock.
- Stop anyone else from entering the water.
If you believe someone has been shocked, reach, throw, row; but don’t go into the water to get to anyone who you think has been shocked.
- Call for help. Use 911 or VHF Channel 16.
- Try CPR on the person; don’t stop until trained help arrives.
Featured Slip: C-3 Docko
This fully furnished, super cute bunk house with outdoor kitchen is a must see, with:
- 2 bedroom/ 2 bath layout
- Queen-sized Murphy bed with custom-built couch
- Outdoor side-by-side refrigerator
- Granite countertops
- Copper farm sink
- Washer and dryer
- All kitchen equipment included, except ice maker
View the full listing here: C-3 Docko